Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Number 12 down...Number 13 Registration Complete

In April of this year, I ran the Boston Marathon - I can officially say I've run a dozen of the 26.2 mile adventures. It was one of my best marathons yet and what's interesting...I trained completely differently!

In 2010 - my finish time was a 3:46:59
In 2008 - my finish time was 3:48:47
In 2007 - my finish time was 3:46:43

So in 3 Boston Marathon adventures, I've finished within the same 2 minutes. Although I will say in 2007 I ended up in the medical tent with 4 cups of chicken bullion - need some sodium can we say - I trained the least amount on the road running for 2010. Due to my back injury in 2009, I only ran 3 days a week but I made sure to do my core exercises including Pilate's and weights. What does all this mean?? At the end of the day, marathon Monday varies based off of many things, but there is no reason to go extreme on the training.

I'm signed up for the 2010 Chicago Marathon so I plan to still run 3 days a week; however, I might add a few more tempo runs to see where my times land me. My marathon PR was on the Chicago course a few years back...3:34...let's see if I can beat that!!

Training so far has been hot and humid...but that's also training in Texas!

No comments: