Monday, August 3, 2009

More progress

It's been almost a month since my last post. I'm happy to say that I have started run/walking...kindive.

My PT gave me the "Green Light" after we ensured the pain in my leg (triggered by the herniation) was gone for at least a few weeks. I think I had improved due to the fact I religiously did my exercises and stretches for the past few weeks.

With the"Green Light," last week at my PT I ran for 4 minutes at a speed of 5.4 (...slower for me, my running pace was around 7.2 pre-herniation) with a 1 minute walk following each 4 minute run. I did the run/walk cycle for 20 minutes total and felt OK! I was really encouraged by this! The only "gray cloud" I have is that over the past week, I have worn heels, been on my feet all day, traveled to another city, drug a suitcase around Chicago and have done little exercise. That said, the back is feeling a little twinge and the pain down my leg is coming back. Bad sign. More to come soon...hopefully good stuff! Stay tuned!

No comments: