Friday, October 2, 2009

Back on track

It's been nearly 4 months since injury day...and...I can proudly say I'm back to running! It IS safe to run again and actually recommended since movement is good. I have been trying to build up to 3 days a week and feel pretty good! The only time my back starts hurting is when I sit for long periods of time - which is usually at work. When my back "hurts" I go in to my favorite "press-ups" (picture the yoga pose "cobra" here). The reason this feels better is because of where my disc was injured - the stretch helps move the disc which alleviates any pain.

In any event...I've signed up for the DRC Half Marathon (November 1) and then am considering Boston again in April 2010. I re-qualified for Boston when I ran San Antonio last fall and because I'm not sure I'll always be a marathoner, I figured I should enjoy one last "hurrah" at the big B.

Thanks for everyone's support during my injury stage! I'm so glad I'm back to normal, well, modified normal.

1 comment:

hardrunner said...

Glad to have you back running. Can't wait to be able to run with you again.