Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December - time for a new year!

Can't believe it's already December!! Where has the year gone?!

I'm actually glad it's almost over. This year has not been the best for running, although it was nice to sleep in many summer Saturday mornings and to go out late(r) on Friday nights due to not training!! I think that because of my back injury, I have a new found appreciation for not only my back but for my entire body! It's the only one you have...so take care of it!

The past few weeks, I was able to train enough to run the White Rock Half Marathon this past Sunday. The great news is that my back didn't hurt during the run...and I ran a 1:50! That was my goal, so I'm happy with that time. I have also decided to run the 2010 Boston Marathon. This will more than likely be my last marathon (assuming I can get through training) but I felt like I needed to do it one more time...and it's BOSTON! I'm excited to train differently - running 2-3 days a week, incorporating more Pilate's and spin classes and weights.

One sad note from the past year is that my sister died in October - actually, the two month mark is today, December 16th, 2009. She always gave me a hard time for running marathons and thought I was crazy (which most of us marathoners are), but she was proud of me. I was always proud of how well she kept herself in shape in the midst of having two kids. I can only hope I will do the same one day! I gave Clark, my nephew, a t-shirt last year for Christmas that said "one day I will run like my Auntie". I hope that's true! Now I have two nephews to train in the future!!

No comments: